Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Promotion to God from lesser mortal!!!

In the current setup in India, I feel as though I've been promoted to being a god after being a lesser mortal all the time!! The reason you ask - at office I've upgraded myself to a P IV 2.8 GHz 1 GB ram machine (I was managing with P III 750 MHz 512 MB ram) and at home I've got a new system, P IV 2.8 GHz 512 MB ram CD R/W-DVD combo (I was struggling with a Pentium 450 MHz 64 MB ram with a faulty CD drive). And compared to most friends, I atleast enjoy the speed of computing if not the mobility of computing. And on a personal front, the Diwali was a blast!! I spent the first day spending a lot of money on stuff I would never have thought of buying and then ended the night with bursting plenty of crackers (sadly contributing a lot to environmental pollution on the pretext of my first Diwali after marriage) at my friends place. On the second day I was at Neetu's place for a fabulous lunch and I realized that the family there was quite the type I enjoy being with - not much fuss, very open on matters, an opportunity where both couples talk without reservations (otherwise generally interactions happen between the same genders or between the people who are friends, without care for the spouses - something I'm terribly uncomfortable with) and a son who makes everyone run around to get his way!! I came back at night to burst my share of crackers with them and it was a thrill seeing Aryan (their son) enjoy the lights and sounds. He's only closing up to 2 years in age. What a Diwali it was!! I was extremely happy and thrilled to enjoy this diwali in a looong time!! And hey, I must add that Payal was dressed in a sari on both days and she was really beautiful!! On Saturday I was at office since morning and managed to do a little bit of installations for my project. But sometimes I wonder why am I so committed to work when I go out of the way to do things. On Sunday I played quite a bit of tennis though I my service is now giving me a problem. And then I saw King Arthur - a movie that I enjoyed totally. It was definitely worth the money and I can see it many more times too, though I liked The 13th Warrior better. So my long weekend was totally fun and now I have the power to compete with the better crowd in the world of computing - any takers??