Monday, November 14, 2011

Motivational Message

Once of my colleagues has recently taken interest in sending out a "Monday Motivator" email series. Not sure how he compiles them, but the emails are very interesting. In fact, I was more impressed from the part II of the email than anything else.
The first part essentially kind of reflects me (at least as per P) - always looking for the flaw and not acknowledging the good. More of a family trait with my dad also very much the same and a familiar story in many middle-class houses - "why did you lose 1 mark?" when the kid gets 99/100 rather than appreciation of the 99.
The second part however, kind of relates to what I am going through - focusing on the negatives that are impacting me than appreciating the positives that is keeping the balance. And so much that life feels negative! My troubles at work keep me from appreciating the pace at which V is growing, so much that I might miss everything before I realize it. I realize that I do not take time out from my work for my family or even me......so at the end of it, was the work worth it? And if I continue this way, will my work keep me motivated or is it actually the other way around? I seriously have to nip this energy squeezing habit and learn to enjoy everything around me in equal appreciation and I swear that I will try to do this starting now.