Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Diwali Mystery


Diwali - the festival of lights. Signifies the victory of good over evil and as far I can recall, Ayodhya citizens welcomed lord Rama back and they lit up the entire city with lights. Every year in India this is celebrated with crackers bursting, lighting up entire streets and of course lots of sweets and new clothes. One festival which is celebrated by all communities and really brings out the unity among people - some in there for the fun of it, some in there for the religion and some just be a part of it!! And moreover, all Indians really miss this while abroad and tend to staisfy themselves with parties and get-togethers.
The mystery in this is that even though one never indulged in this festive ocassion, its really sad that one cannot be in India at this time. And for me, a person who never indulged in this much, I miss all the spirit and fun I used to see around me sitting in this country far away.
I wish everyone a Very Happy Diwali!!