Friday, June 04, 2010

Boring Friday

Can you believe that this was the day I was waiting for the most in this entire visit to Atlanta - was nervous, hopeful and full of expectations of success? And now I am just bored. Yes, the reason for the wait seems to have materialized, but not providing the enthusiasm enough to take me through the rest of the day. What would I like to be doing now? Sitting with P in my ancestral home, watching the rain drops fall into the 'nadu-mitam' with V playing. Add a cup of hot tea to it and it is bliss! Guess this travel has revived a lot of old memories and increased my wish-list of things that I never did or considered important and now all that is coming back at me.
Started facebook-ing and have got connected back to a lot of friends and classmates from school. That's another missing link. Someone asked this question - why will you add your classmates, lost friends/colleagues on your list in a social website when you really did not keep in touch with them over all these years? Well for one, there has to be a way to make amends to that issue of not keeping in touch with them (like my case). It's such a wonderful feeling of having to explore their worlds after such a long time. There was a time when you thought that life was inseparable and now when you connect, you find yourselves worlds apart but still intriguing.
The other one is that I really want to watch Raajneeti. It's got a collection of good actors (I really appreciate the acting of Ranbir Kapoor), an impressive director/story-writer and of course Katrina Kaif!! What can I tell about her, V and I love watching her on the screen!! Still not a comparison to Meenakshi Sheshadri or Simran, but then an avid interest none-the-less. Will definitely buy the DVD if anything close to good!!
Guess will wait for Srini to get done so that I can leave today as I need to get ready for the next week. Happy weekend all!!