Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Summer Heats And School Days

There is something very nostalgic in the air when I smell the baked earth during summer. It reminds me of the schooldays during exam time when the heat blazed the school grounds while waiting in the noon for the bus to take me back home from the exam. Something always associated with that is the confidence that the exams I take in summer will be good! I felt the same way during engineering and ditto for the MBA. As I was driving with Pradeep on Monday in San Diego (yes, I managed a visit to SD during this business trip too), the heat in the car with the air in it being hot, just brought back those memories. What amazing days were those........
Write the exam and at the end of 3 grueling hours, come out of the examination room and discuss the answers followed by a little basketball and then wait for the bus to take you home. Once you reach home, complete answering the questions from Mom who runs through the question paper, answer Dad's phone call and then eat lunch of rice, papad, dal (cucumber, mango and drumstick) and sour yogurt....mmmm, I can almost taste it. Maybe the best part of all was that the end of exams meant beginning of the summer vacation - 2 whole months of doing everything else but school. Oh, how I miss those days :(