Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Rewarding Work Life

Life would be less complicated if poeple completed their immediate tasks at hand before doing a role-play for someone else. And to add more to that, if they would care to use their brains once in a while. I can better relate to people if they don't understand rather than when they talk about things which they have no clue about but are not willing to accept their lack of knowledge!!! And to be in a Fortune 500 company and to deal with such creatures, RIDICULOUS!!!!!!
But being in a client servicing organization, I'm forced to put up with all this and its supposed to be a part of life. And not to mention, have to take it with a smile and say "thank you for all the hard work". And at the end the company rewards these brainless nit-wits while all I get to hear is "good work". And does my organization know what we go through in execution? Sure. But will they do something about it? Nothing other than give the sales guy his cut of the revenue!!! Strange cycle for me to think that the work I'm doing is a great learning experience and rewarding, when infact your promotions are held up (when it should be prompt if they think I deserve it), your non-work life is as screwed up as it can be and let's not go to monetary aspects of it. As for my ambitions in life, I don't think that this life time is even close to achieving half of what I want (and trust me when I say that I'm not ambitious). My well-wishers think that I'm in the wrong organization for achieving my targets and keep flooding me with opportunities they think is beneficial. But for the most of it, I am not confident of what I'm capable of since it is an unknown to me (and not to others). So I'm hoping to build my confidence and strengths in the organization that first recruited me out of grad school and among folks whom I trust. Not a bad thing I suppose, except that I seem to be running out of time. I am very confused as well as frightened. But where most people look at me for whatever little I achieve, I take the pleasure of success in every small problem I over come while for the big ones, I seem to be loosing out.