Monday, October 10, 2005

Hurt - Is the job worth it?

I generally am very attached to every project that I work on. I cannot sleep in peace even if there is one small bug in production will try everything possible to get stuff working and can catch anyone's leg to solve an issue and get it out there in production. I love what I do in projects, even the smallest things are monumental achievements that calls for celebrations. Every time something is accomplished, I'm extremely thrilled. But who says life is fair - when you take projects with this enthusiasm, how come always a new person walks in and takes away everything from you and the only thing you are responsible is development? Then why the hell call me a coordinator if I had to sit onsite and do development? I'm not enchanted by the fact that I'm onsite. Sure it earns me more money, but if that were ever my concern, I would have been working for money and would have had a break though long back. I'm here since I have different interests in my career and moreover, I saw a possibility to pursue it under my project manager. But the moment I get a chance to take a peek at what I wanted to do, it's already "the end" for me. So, I am hurt, very badly and deeply hurt that I've lost all the interest in this project. But then the real question is if the job is worth for me to take this hurt? Well, for now yes. The reason is that I trust my PM and I believe that nothing is messed up and sincerity never goes un-rewarded. Anyway, let me wait and see the shape this mist is building around me and how long it can last!!