Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Back to blogging

Well, a year since my last post....my excuses have primarily revolved around V, P and work. I also made a slight change to my career over the last year.
Being primarily a logic and resulted oriented person (at least I would like to think so), I moved into the web of sales. I say that it's a slight change since I have been involved in many aspects of it in the past one year and now those are my only goals on the job. Its not something that I would like to have taken, but then I realize that I was very comfortable in my former role and it was time to challenge myself and see if I can do this role too. Even though many consider it going up the ladder, I still believe that one has to see all aspects of the business before being able to make decisions for the same. In a way, I am at the same level of work when I started my career in 1999. Just that, the mistakes made now hurts my ego much more which is bloated with the success of in the previous role. Man, isn't re-learning difficult; though without change how long can I survive?

And speaking of change, just when I got comfortable in SD, I had to move to Atlanta. Not that Atlanta is bad, its just that I like SD better.

And on a more sentimental note, I lost my pet dog Roxy who was with my family over the last 8 years. She was the best around during my MBA days who patiently listened to my presentation practices, debates, frustrations and my dreams. Even though I have been away from her over the last 4 years, it is going to be hard for me to forget her.

"You have truly been a great companion and security for me and i hope God has greater and better things planned for you! I love you and will never forget you Roxy!!"