Thursday, January 15, 2009

News, Drama, Chaos.......

Its been about 3 months that the news has been keeping me busy at the amazing pace that its unfolding - economic collapse in the US setting off a "financial tsunami" across the world; my favourite team, San Diego Chargers, coming back from a 4-8 deficit to win the division before finally closing the season with a divisional round loss in the playoffs, Satyam disclosing fraud by the once genius business man (Chairman and MD) Ramalinga Raju, chapter 11 filings by various respected companies, election of Obama to presidency of US and discussions with many frineds and close ones on the distress caused by potential chance (sometimes without any evidence) of losing the jobs. 
And I wouldn't do justice if I do not mention the 11/26 Mumbai terror attacks that has hurt me so much to just see the destruction caused even though I am miles away in US. I was unable to sleep and was constantly on the news networks praying for it to end for misled fools had brought pain and destruction to common man who had no idea how his/her life was linked in anyway to the paradise that was tried to be achieved.
Among all this, my niece Shraddha was born, my son V turned one and a couple of my best friends have been blessed with beautiful daughters.
So much in so little time, it always amazes me when I reflect back!