Sunday, September 26, 2004

Vote for the guy who conceptualized 'weekends'!!

What a weekend!! First I get to sleep the whole of saturday......I watched 3 Asterix VCDs (I am a vivid fan of bookish-cartoons) but then so flushed out from last 2 weeks work that the only time I was awake was to change the CDs!! Then I was again awake when my wife took me out to lunch with another of my MBA batchmates at this restaurant called 'Woodys'. But then apparently it was a bad day - slow service, extremely salty raitha and more over high priced and less quantity food. Then back to sleep before we visited my colleague's house (who are also from the place as my wife and hence they hit off pretty well). This colleague of mine has been a terrific inspiration for my work because her charm can transport you away from the stress and tensions of work, refresh you and then get you back. It would be terrible for me to have to see her go away to take care of her son, but then I've never always got everything I want (as is the case with most humans). She's always a special source of inspiration for me and she's like a elder sister to me always. And then of course we went to a cousin's place to coolect a few things sent by my mother-in-law. She sent 'kajoo'-burfi, a sin which I willingly indulged in inspite of my target of weight loss. That night I drove on the ring road with loud music, I was extremely happy for no reason - what a feeling!!
The previous nite(friday) I managed to get out of office finally at 9:20 PM and join my wife (who waited me for .5 hrs more than the scheduled time). Then I had to take her out to dinner and listen to her talk, since I was unable to do it all week. So finally as we finished the butter chicken, sindoori kabab and kerala parotas, she was back to her jolly self. We even called up the 'Pari' of our MBA group and she was chirping at her happiest yet. Yeah, no doubt, she's deep and badly in love with an architect. True, there are all the signs of it shaping into one of the bollywood block-busters, but here too, the hero-heroine will definitely triump. I would also love to play a part to see them succeed.
And sunday, the day my friend came back from Shangai, we played tennis with the new chinese rackets and then had masala-dosa's at home. He also has brought close to a 100 DVDs from China. Wondering how much time we might take to see all of them. I also decided to buy a DVD/MP3/CD player and have it installed in my new house. It will be wonderful to have to listen to music (surround sound, mind you!!) in my study and read all those books!!
So what a terrific weekend!! Now on this monday morning, I need to take rest from my weeekend!! When is that concept going to be implemented??