Friday, July 29, 2005

Life Never Better

To think after my last 'crib' post that I would think anything like this..........no, my performance results are not yet decided since like a government office, it's lying on the table of the top most person who has to pass it.....but is he waiting for an 'under table transaction"? Well, I'm not going to bribe him. But yes, it takes as much time or maybe even more!! My dad always said that your organization (before merger) is a shame to the private sector since it functions like a public sector. Even in my dad's organization (its central government) a performance appraisal process is completed within a month after all the paperwork and discussions are done. But then, let's not move away from the focus of my inspiration to work!!
Well I'm very happy today because I managed to get up early and I'm extremely fresh at work. Things are much clearer, I started early and things look more hopeful even though they are big road blocks. This is what should be happening everyday, but late night calls and other stuff take toll on my early rising. I've always been an early riser (I'm happy my parents put me into this habit) for 2 reasons - generally temples in Kerala open by 4 AM and while in hostel, its easier to concentrate in the morning when rest of the crowd is sleeping rather than at night when everyone are at peak activity hours. My temper is definitely more under my control today and frustrations need to try harder to upset me. I also did not get upset when I got a call from my client on a bug and I'm patiently trying to fix it!! Also there is a lot of work left on multiple projects and if I can make it early in the morning tomorrow also, it'll be just great.
A saying which made my day today:

"The quality of leadership is reflected in the caliber of people following you".

Just love the depth in it!!